Coming from a background of music, art and counselling, Susie has been a practitioner and teacher of the FeldenkraisR Method of Awareness through Movement since 2000. She became a Bones for Life trainer in 2010. Susie came across it ‘by accident’ years ago …. this was the beginning of a life long journey into kinaesthetic learning.. …Read more
“The chair is out to kill us,”Dr James Levine
Sitting is the New Smoking
“The chair is out to kill us,” says Dr James Levine, an endocrinologist at the Mayo Graduate School of Medicine.
Research concludes sitting all day and then doing vigorous exercise does not offset the effects of prolonged sitting. Our cardiovascular systems, our posture, the strength of our bones, and the functioning of our digestive organs are at risk.
In response to a growing concern in our community of the long-lasting effects of prolonged sitting, Jennifer Groves, Australasian Regional Director, Movement Intelligence Australia, is presenting a ground-breaking program
CHAIRS. In 2015 this course will be held in two modules over four weekends at the Bardon Counselling and Natural Therapy Centre.
CHAIRS is based on the teaching of Dr Moshe Feldenkrais and explores neuromuscular re-education. The complete somatic program consists of fast-acting and easy-to-learn movement processes. The safe, weight-bearing movements challenge bones to be strong and sturdy while improving balance, stability and co-ordination.
Participation is open to anyone interested in learning how the use of chairs (a midway point to the floor), can be an efficient tool to enhance weight-bearing posture. CHAIRS will support you to move more dynamically, while addressing joint pain issues such as arthritis.
The course utilizes early developmental and evolutionary patterns of movement, which are missing in our modern day lifestyle. These patterns can be learned and practised in your every day activities. You will learn to move “smarter” and not “harder”.
This innovative, experiential program is for you if:
– you are wanting to improve your overall health and wellbeing
– you sit for hours in a day at work, or your employees do
– as a student your life is largely sedentary
– you are a healthcare professional seeking to enhance your skills with an innovative, research-based, effective and dynamic system for working with patients and clients
– you are an instructor in the Feldenkrais Method, Bones for Life, yoga, pilates, or other movement program, wish to teach Chairs, or integrate it into your personal and professional practice.This program will contribute 64 hours towards the 138 hour Chairs teacher certification program. For information on Chairs certification visit :
Sat/ Sun February 21/22
Sat/ Sun May 2/3
Sat / Sun August 15/16
Sat /Sun November 7/8
Don’t have 4 weekends to commit to? You are welcome to come 1 day at a time
Morning & afternoon tea provided
Bardon Counselling and Natural Therapy Centre
151 Boundary Road,
8 days: $1500 ( Manuals, weights and wraps included)
4 days $750
2 days: $380
1 day: $190